[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Manual Handling Training
To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements.
Who should attend?
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
Course covers the following:
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting (bags, sacks, barrels, where appropriate)
- Other organisation specific lifting tasks
- Competence testing
Fill in your details to request our dates and prices