What is required
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of a Project Manager in Dublin. Our client is a Main Contractor with a history of completing projects to the highest standards, in budget and on time. The goal is to exceed clients expectations and to add value to their business.
What you have to do
- Develop scope of work, priorities & KPIs
- Ensure there is a project brief prepared & support the comms, verification, and control of scope
- Assist in the development of the PEP. Fully understand role in execution of project. Raise queries if needed.
- Assist in preparing the RFP and appointments. Recommend design team members.
- Understand the key design, value engineering, processes etc. and support on such activities
- Understand H&S obligations in design and construction and our role in same.
- Develop/agree programmes and manage performance against same.
- Develop a procurement strategy report where required and manage the process to ensure best value for the
- Post Contract
- Support and where appropriate lead on actively managing the project in construction through tracking planned
- v actual progress.
- Proactive management and reporting across design, cost, time, safety, and quality aspects.
- Develop and manage relationships.
- Ensure project has been reviewed and closed out according to best practice, client satisfaction and scope of
- Understand the quality/assigned certifier inspection programme and assist in addressing any deviations.
- The People
- Liaise with team members and ensure clarity of roles. Escalate any concerns. Ensure Lafferty values of
- professionalism, teamwork, commitment, and growth are maintained.
- Interact professionally with client staff, proactively identify, and raise issues, ensure updates provided in line
- with project requirements.
- Take responsibility to understand both sides of any conflict and seek to resolve as soon as possible. Escalate
- any remaining issues with the appropriate Lafferty person.
- As appropriate, liaise with relevant 3rd parties, ensuring all interactions in line with project requirements.
- Proactively identify and escalate any concerns.
- The Process and Technology
- Maintain timesheets (weekly) and manage actual time in line with planned resourcing where possible. Keep line
- manager updated.
- Support the tracking of financial progress and provide information where needed.
- Contribute to internal working groups and bring forward ideas for improvement and innovation.
- The Business
- Contribute to internal strategy/working groups as required.
- Contribute to Business Development.
- Further develop and maintain existing client/third party relationships. Leads to repeat business and recommendations.
What you need to have
- Have a project management professional certification or are seeking one.
- Have a degree or comparable experience in a project management or construction discipline.
- Have experience project managing on a variety of projects.
- Core Competencies
- Act Professionally: maintaining consistently high standards in everything we do
- Embrace Teamwork: understand and encourage the value of collaboration
- Be Committed: do the best job you can
- Value Growth: seize opportunities to build resilience.
- Role Specific Competencies
- To be able to demonstrate a high standard in each of these competencies:
- Self-Awareness, Learning and Development
- Accountability and Taking Initiative
- Organised and Structured Approach
- Collaboration For Success
- Communicating with Clarity and Confidence
- Commitment to Excellence
- Building Relationships and Trust
- Innovation, Creativity and Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Goal Setting and Prioritising
- Project Profitability
- Technical and Operational Advances
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Industry Knowledge
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment.
- Genuine career progression in a fast paced environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Marcus on 353 86 0859541 .today for a strictly confidential conversation.
JOB-39583 – INDRW
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.