Building Staff Solutions (BSS) is seeking a Procurement Manager to work in Dublin for our client, a Leading Facade and Building envelope contractor.
What you have to do
- Ensure process in place for team to review all purchases before approvals
- Ensure tasks are clearly defined and understood by staff
- Provide support and advice to staff
- To constantly look at ways of improving the department operational running of the business.
- Pro-actively ensure team have adequate work and understanding of targets.
- To ensure health, safety requirements are met at all times in the operations.
- To work in partnership with the other departments to ensure the business can perform to its full potential
- To react to volume changes and escalate additional/reduced resources as required.
- Undertake all change initiatives and related projects with enthusiasm
- Take responsibility for the highest quality standards within the team and create accountability.
- Be responsible for creating an environment where ideas and insights can be shared, developed, and implemented.
- Provide weekly updates to PMs and Planner of procurement status by project
- Engage early with key suppliers (those that represent 80% of budget) on projects
- Work with Finance / Commercial team on spending forecast for projects
- Ensure department are ordering placed on time and goods are received
- Ensure specifications are sent out with enquiries and suppliers are back-to-back with clients contractual obligations
- Ensure supplier accounts are reconciled monthly in conjunction with the accounts team
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in internal systems in a timely fashion orders, receipt of goods, invoices
- Negotiate credit lines with suppliers
- Create and maintain supplier credit forecast sheet showing available credit and utilisation
- Create and maintain supplier scoring matrix recording performance on price, quality and delivery time
- Identify and evaluate new suppliers for key materials and products
- Identify any anomalies on receipt of goods on quantity and quality raise NCR against supplier as appropriate
What you need to have
- Experience in the Construction industry, in particular Glazing and cladding is required
- 10 years plus experience in Purchasing & Procurement
- Experience as a Senior Purchaser/buyer
- Strong IT skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment.
- Genuine career progression in a fast paced construction and manufacturing environment
- A competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael for more information.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.