Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are hiring a Graduate Health & Safety Officer for our client, a very well-known Large Contractor with long history of completing projects on time, within budget and to the highest standards. The role will be based on a site in Grangecastle Dublin and the successful candidate will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protective Equipment required for all Employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc
- Serving as company representative at Site meetings;
- Organizing and chairing the Safety Meetings for Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Compiling, updating and communicating site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated
- Making sure First aid is available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
What you need to have
- 3rd level health & safety qualification essential
- Previous experience managing safety on site
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience with Irish or UK contracts
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle or fuel allowance
- Work for a well-structured and supported organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact David on 0870903616/ Dave@buildstaff.ie today for a strictly confidential conversation.
JOB-39501 – INDDK
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.