Building Staff Solutions (BSS) is seeking a Engineering Manager to work in Cork alongside our client, a Leading Manufacturing Company..
What you have to do
- Assist the sales department providing technical support to the quotation process of new projects ensuring all requirements can be meet.
- Oversee the NPI process including the setting up of the project, technical documentation, 1st article builds and customer approval, operator training and hand over to production.
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to engineering function within the plant. You will manage facilities, sustainability, new product introductions and product/process development
- As member of the Management Team implement site-wide KPIs relating to: Plant Efficiency; Throughput; Sustainability, Quality, Health and Safety, C.I., Employee Engagement and Financial ROI targets.
- Maximize equipment and process efficiencies through minimal unplanned equipment downtime achieved through proactive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Ensure best practice Maintenance, Health & Safety and Quality Management procedures are implemented across the site in line with overall Plant risk management strategy
- Adherence to Quality Standards in line with the Quality Management System and individual customer requirements.
- Drive overall compliance to Quality Management System including change control and management and investigation of plant events.
- Work closely with site management to meet production plans, customer expectations and to promote & develop a lean, high performance culture
- Identification and implementation of plant process improvements.
- Accountable for management of the maintenance technician group. Ensure compliance with maintenance processes & procedures, maintenance schedule; develop and share with central team maintenance practices.
What you need to have
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering or related Technical Discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in lead engineering role ideally in wire harness/electronics assembly
- Experience of complex project delivery
- Advanced organization and planning skills.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office (Word, excel and MS Project), ERP or other MES systems.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong process knowledge in wire harness or similar industry.
- Ability to manage a range of complex engineering projects to completion
- Experience in change management
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment.
- Genuine career progression in a fast paced environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael for more information.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.