Job Title – Building Services Engineer
Hours: 40 hours
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking a Building Services Engineer on behalf of a leading Dublin based mechanical and process engineering organisation.
- Permanent role with strong pipeline of work
- Excellent working environment.
- Genuine career progression in a fast paced environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
- Produce and review mechanical design documentation
- Support the Project Team(s) in the integration and delivery of Building Services Systems into Projects
- Implement the Companies Building Service Management System & procedure.
- Support the procurement of MEP packages and associated contract documentation
- Support the finalising of Building Services Installation and Commissioning programmes to integrate with the main Construction Programme
- Liaise with the Utility companies to ensure their infrastructural and interface requirements are understood, communicated and adhered to
- Support the process that MEP co-ordinated and builders works drawings are prepared, issued and approved ahead of the programmed start on site dates
- Support the tracking of equipment and plant through each stage from submittal approvals through to delivery and quality checking is carefully managed
- Support the monitoring of Building Services installation and commissioning works onsite against the planned progress requirement of the programme
- Support the management of the MEP commercial and contractual aspects of the project with their teams
- Undertake site visits to include surveys for technical due diligence, to capture information and monitor installation and decommissioning
- Support the preparation, issue and approval of method statements for the MEP related matters
- Support the development of site-specific inspection, Test, Commissioning and Handover Plans with the MEP Contractors
- Attend and witness on site testing and commissioning demonstrations when required
- Attend client and team meetings
- Review of specifications and designs against industry standards and specifications
- Experience of Energy Assessment Procedures such as DEAP, NEAP & BREEAM/LEAD
Qualifications and Education requirements
- Technical Competence through operational involvement in MEP projects
- Can demonstrate technical and commercial skills necessary to support the management of building services projects
- Effective interpersonal skills working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Awareness of Health & Safety and demonstrate safety values and behaviours
- Experience in implementing quality management systems, inspections, test commissioning and handover plans.
- Identify and follow through on tasks required to help deliver the project
- Good communication skills and excellent listening skills
- Strong organisational skills to be able to take a methodical and proactive approach in their working
- Actively seek ways to improve knowledge and professional competency
Required Qualification / Training
- 2 3 years post qualification in Irish construction industry
- Minimum level 8 in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering or related discipline
- Confident in talking to a wide range of people to build relationships
- Be a good Team player but able to work independently
- Membership of an industry related Professional institution or equivalent
- Working towards attaining Chartered status within five years
If interested in our Building Services Engineer role please apply below or call 353 86 1021850 between 8.30am – 5.30pm and speak to Nigel re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.