Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
About the Role
Reporting to the Estimating Manager and Project Manage, the Quantity Surveyor will work on one of our key projects, with the potential opportunity to work in mainland Europe. This role will be supported by and offer support to the wider QS team.
- Preparing and generating of monthly interim valuations & accounts
- Processing and updating mechanical bills of quantities
- Assisting with the issuing of monthly interim accounts
- Compiling project variations & monitoring expenditure vs tender cost allowance
- Material procurement based on MTOs provider by BIM and Engineering team
- Reviewing materials stocks, processing orders and understanding stock material certifications
- Processing and understanding field bulletins (cost details on contract variations), based on agreed rates and backup information from field engineering and construction supervision
- Generating weekly progress report in collaboration with relevant colleagues
- Developing and agreeing project unit rate costs increases, in consideration of contractual annual cost adjustment clauses
- Preparing MTOs
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail and be a good communicator.
- Possess a relevant 3rd level qualification, at level 8 or above
- Have an interest in working within the Construction industry
- Have strong commercial awareness
- Be comfortable in your use of Microsoft Office, with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports
- Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- Have a positive attitude with a passion to learn & succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability
- The ability to contribute comfortably as part of a team
- Professional development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Pension support
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Competitive salary
- Hands-on training and development
- No weekend work
If interested in our role, please apply below or call 0862107555 between 9am – 5pm and speak to Michael re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.