Job Title: Quality Lead
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Quality Lead to join our client, a leading engineering company in Ireland
About the Role
On a fulltime and permanent basis, the Quality Lead will be supported by the wider Project Management and Engineering teams. In conjunction with the Quality Engineering team, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in upholding Rockwells reputation for exceptional quality and reliability.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Implement, improve, and maintain a robust quality management system to monitor and evaluate all phases of our mechanical projects, from design phase through to installation and maintenance.
- Develop and determine standards for performing inspections and tests on all procedures, oversee all testing methods, and maintain high-quality standards for all processes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with industry and quality standards, codes, regulations, and customer specifications, with particular focus on ensuring the ongoing achievement of ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO45001 standards certification.
- Monitor the quality management system, record all project activities, and analyse all processes to ensure all work meets quality requirements.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work closely with cross-functional teams to implement best practices that will enhance efficiency and quality.
- Implement, improve, and maintain accurate records of quality control activities & inspections for the project lifecycle including certificates, calibration test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instructions & observations, as well as records of permanent materials delivered, test plans and any other QA/QC documents, as required.
Supplier and Vendor Management
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to ensure the delivery of high-quality materials and components, ensuring their compliance and supporting of Company quality management obligations.
- Assist project teams in ensuring knowledge of all quality standards, ensuring compliance with all quality manuals and procedures, and collaborating with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Support ongoing product & quality improvement. Develop and deliver training programs to promote a culture of quality and continuous improvement within the Company.
- Conduct internal audits and coordinate external audits to assess and improve our quality management system.
- Supervise the effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules, ensure adherence to all procedures, and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits of site activities.
- Understand customer needs and requirements in order to develop, amend or improve effective quality control processes to support project delivery, and closely monitor customer feedback in order to address any quality-related concerns promptly.
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail and be a good communicator.
You will have:
- A Bachelors degree in a related discipline.
- Circa 3 – 5 years experience in a quality management or project, site-based engineering role within the mechanical engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and/or HVAC systems and components.
- Knowledgeable in quality management standards and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with relevant software and tools.
Why join the company?
- Professional development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Pension support
- Wellbeing programme
- Competitive salary
- Hands-on training and development
- Mileage expenses
If interested in this role, please apply below or call 086 1021850 between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm and speak to Nigel or email firstname.lastname@example.org re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.