Job Title: Project Director
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Project Director to join our client, a leading builder and contractor company in Ireland.
Reporting to the Regional Director/BU MD, the Project Director has overall responsibility for the management and onsite construction of major/complex contracts of values typically in excess of 60m.
The Project Director is responsible for managing the Companys business interests, risk & delivery strategy on the contract to guide the project to Commercial success.
- Ensuring that all aspects of quality, the Environment and progress are in accordance with the contracted, internal and regulatory requirements
- Manage employee resources, including cover for site when staff are on annual leave or training
- Review constructability and identify methods of execution with commercial or program advantage where possible
- Communicate with BU MD/Regional Managers and advise the contract team of any potential legal, IR, safety, environmental, technical or construction items as required
- Monitor interim accounts and payments with QS and ACCS, progress and profitability of the contract and report with the contract team at the monthly cost meetings. Monitor with QS Final Account and Loss and Expense negotiations. Apply cost-benefit analysis to all activities, estimates and forecasts overall costs.
- 5+ year experience in Tier 1 Construction Leadership with full oversight on site, staff and client relationships, directing project from groundbreaking to completion
- 3rd level construction qualification e.g. construction management, engineering, quantity surveying
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience reporting at a senior management/director level to internal and external stakeholders
- IOSH/NEBOSH preferable but not a requirement, CDM/PSCS Awareness, BBS, Root Cause Analysis & S5 & Q10 internal workshops.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company Vehicle or Car Allowance
- 26+ days annual leave
- Excellent Benefits Package
- And much more!
If interested in our role, please apply below or call 0862107555 between 9am – 5pm and speak to Michael re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.