Job Title: Mechanical Project Scheduler
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Mechanical Project Scheduler to join our client, a leading Tier One contractor company in Ireland.
About the Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Mechanical Project Scheduler will work on one of our key projects, with the possibility of working in mainland Europe.
- Consult with the Project Manager and Project Planner to schedule and coordinate assignments, tasks and subtasks
- Perform coordination of cross-functional departments to identify project issues, monitor action items, and work with the project manager to ensure resolution
- Coordinate project timelines with other departments and external stakeholders
- Maintain project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects
- Monitor projects progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts and progress achieved to date
- Make conclusions in regards the best process control, procurement, subcontracting, risk management, assignment coordination, interaction with customers, and activity duration
- Analyse the impact and extent of owner and subcontractor delays and major schedule changes
- Create and publish high level integrated master schedules in accordance with the requirements or needs of the necessary stakeholders
- Suggesting corrective actions to keep the project on scope, budget, and time
- Planning and creating new schedule delays and summary reports
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator
and have previous experience working in a similar environment.
You Will Have:
An appropriate and relevant 3rd level qualification
At least 3 years work experience in project scheduling, ideally in industrial construction or mechanical engineering areas
Previous experience working on site-based projects
Strong commercial management background and awareness
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Excellent presentation & IT skills
A positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability
The ability to contribute comfortably as part of a team
Professional development opportunities
Bike to work scheme
Hands-on training and development
No weekend work
If interested in our role, please apply below or call 0862107555 between 9am – 5pm and speak to Michael re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.