Job Title: Lifting Operations Supervisor
Salary: 45 -55k
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a to join our client, a leading Tier One contractor company in Ireland.
- Provide subject matter expert advice to Projects, Tender Teams, HSEQ Teams and others as required on Crane and Lifting related matters
- Ensure that all sub-contractors, rehire partners are compliant to our minimum standards and this must include periodic checks of assets and services over and above, or incorporating Project checks.
- To ensure the assets are giving maximum benefit, operated in the most efficient manner, assets are a) safe and compliant and b) having their periodic checks completed and reported as required.
- Liaise with customers and Clients regarding erection, dismantle & climbing operations
- Conduct site surveys, plan, draft, review and update Lift Plans
- Liaise with councils, highways agencies and any other stakeholders involved in our lifting operations
- Manage and co-ordinate all load lists / transport /rigging crews and sub-contractors.
- Maintain regular contact with the customer throughout the life of the project, ensuring all crane requirements are being met, and manage any safety or technical issues
Experience & Skills
- Ability to understand the dangers of all risks and hazards related to Cranes & Lifting
- 10 Years experience in Ireland and/or UK of Crane Operations management or supervision level
- 5 Years Experience with Tier 1 Contractors / Crane Specialists
- Knowledge of Code of Practice: Safe Use of Cranes in the Construction Industry
- Project management skills relating to planning and coordinating along with a knowledge of cranes and their capability
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent commercial skills
- Knowledge and experience of CAD and use of CAD in crane schemes
- Appointed Person (Lifting Operations) or CPCS Crane Supervisor license
- Working at Heights (WAH)
- UK or IRL equivalents
- Engineering qualifications structural or mechanical
- Concrete Pumping experience would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or call 353 87 090 3616 between 9 am – 6 pm and speak to David about the opportunity or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.