Job Title – Electrical Engineer
Hours: Full time
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for an Electrical Engineer to join our client, a large electrical contractor located in Limerick City.
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable & containment sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- Assist with Value Engineering opportunities & proposals
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Manage & Co-ordinate the CAD/BIM Model in line with the M&E Services coordination plan on each project.
- Review the electrical installation with the CAD/BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure the correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOPs and O&Ms and present for approval.
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure the timely completion of their work.
- Undertake client training in line with an agreed training plan.
- Uphold the highest levels of quality in line with ISO 9001:2015 standards and as per our quality management system.
- Mentor and Coach Junior Engineers and graduates
- Occasional site visits to other projects would be required
- Relevant 3rd-level electrical qualification essential (Electrical trade background would be advantageous)
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role is essential
- Proficient with AutoCAD and experience with Revit/Navisworks would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability effectively engage with different personality types
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution and
- presentation skills.
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
If interested in our Electrical Engineer role please apply below or call 086 1021850 between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm and speak to Nigel or email email@example.com re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.