Job Title: Design Manager
Location: County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Design Manager to join our client, a leading Tier One contractor company in Ireland.
The Design Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating the design elements and interfaces of specific task or project dependent on size and complexity. They will fully understand and manage the design requirements of the tender/project ensuring that the design is delivered in line with the programme requirements and is of a quality that reflects the budget constraints.
The Design Manager will report to the Project lead or Senior Design Manager depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Liaise with Designers and Delivery team to ensure that design deliverables and timescales are clearly defined.
- Manage the design change process, ensuring the CEM, CRE and delivery teams are involved in key decision making.
- Manage design programme to ensure AFCs are submitted to the Delivery Team to the agreed programme milestone.
- Manage and monitor the progress of submitted design documents and co-ordinate responses to Network Rail via the DRN process.
- Ability to carry out Principal Designers Representative, where the company have been appointed as Principal Designer for short duration reactive works or framework projects.
They will liaise with the Site Management for the development of design package and procurement strategies. The ideal candidate will be diploma/degree qualified in engineering with a minimum of 5-10 years experience.
- Demonstrate sufficient experience in the role of Design Manager and TWC in a rail / construction environment.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, HND or HNC
- 5 years experience working in the Civil Construction Industry
- Demonstratable Temporary Works procedure, PTS, NRs Design Approval process, CDM for Designers, CDM Awareness experience
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility to work 1 day remote.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- And much more!
If interested in this role, please apply below or call 086 1021850 between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm and speak to Nigel or email email@example.com re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.