Job Title – Design Lead
Salary: 65k pa
Hours: Full time
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Design Lead to join our client who leads in the designing of the perfect fire protection system manufacturing, installing and servicing industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and Lead Design Engineers overseeing multiple design projects.
- Problem solving and resolution of coordination and design roadblocks.
- Management of drawing standards and specifications.
- Manage and coordinate LCBP standards and inspection and accreditation process.
- Development and updating of Design SOPs, Manuals, Procedures for your Department in line with legislative, regulatory, Company and Client requirements.
- Schedule and plan for upcoming works and provide updates to relevant Departments.
- Ensure all designs are tracked, monitored, planned and progress updated in relevant project management schedules and systems.
- Develop and implement standard design tools to build efficiencies in project execution.
- Support Design Engineers to ensure they pass internal and external audits and inspections.
- Coach, mentor, and train employees with all aspects of Design and related functions.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, performance management, retention, employee engagement, and learning and development of team members.
- Develop a Workforce Plan ensuring full compliance with the recruitment and selection process to secure staffing requirements on time and within budget.
- Develop, review and amend job descriptions/key competencies for each role in the Department.
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with Managers; plan and deliver training, including staff onboarding.
- Ensuring technical competence is developed within the team and efficient work practices are maintained.
- Support and mentor the team members on building people capability; managing people risk and ensuring the employee experience enables them to achieve their goals.
- Demonstrating accountability and ownership for team performance, working with team on deliverables and liaising with functional management to resolve issues.
- Deliver internal and external communications to all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Promote and maintain a positive HSEQ culture and safe work environment in conjunction with the Writech Health & Safety Statement and support Writechs CSR initiatives.
- Proactively engage in all Company-led initiatives while ensuring best practice standards are promoted and maintained.
- Ensure all written documentation is accurate, timely and legible, keeping all records up to date.
- Minimum 5 years of Fire Sprinkler Design Experience
- Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience using Revit
- Demonstrated skills in Project Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a challenging workload
- Flexible, adaptable, and can-do attitude to work
- Proven record of building and sustaining effective and professional working relationships; being a trusted advisor to colleagues
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and reliability skills
- Full driving license.
- Must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
If interested in our Design Lead role please apply below or call 086 1021850 between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm and speak to Nigel or email firstname.lastname@example.org re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.