Job Title: Carbon Manager
Location: County Dublin, Ireland
Salary: 40-60k plus electric vehicle – level 2/7l car allowance
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Carbon Manager to join our client, a leading Tier One contractor company in Ireland.
The successful candidate will drive a key part of the sustainability strategy for an industry leader in the construction sector across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
- Promote the companies sustainability strategy and wider business core priorities, acting as a torchbearer, educating and helping others play their part in achieving our objectives.
- Collaborate with the wider sustainability team to manage and reduce the carbon footprint of the business.
- Understand, communicate and be an advocate for our future strategic direction.
- Help the business make informed decisions through the provision of robust carbon data and effective interpretation.
- Support work winning activities, advising on carbon related matters.
- Support client carbon reduction strategies.
- Support delivery of training, briefings and workshops as required.
- Be a trusted advisor to project teams.
Role specific responsibilities:
- Review and manage a portfolio of client Life Cycle Carbon Assessments through multifunctional collaboration.
- Develop carbon management procedures and integrate them into the relevant management systems taking into account standards and reporting frameworks (e.g. Science Based Targets/PAS 2080/TM65).
- Identification, development and implementation of carbon reduction opportunities.
- Manage the monitoring and targeting of our carbon emissions.
- Develop carbon management and verification strategies for internal and external compliance.
- Ensure continuous performance through regular reporting and reviews.
- Attend sites on an ad-hoc basis to review carbon management practices and support project teams on carbon performance.
- Introduce innovative practices and grow a team of carbon specialists as required.
Key internal interfaces:
- Project Leads, BIM Managers, Design Managers, Procurement Managers, Commercial Managers, MEP Managers.
- Client representatives and advisors.
- Supply chain partner representatives.
- Research and development organisations and funding providers.
- International professional institutions, associations and industry led bodies.
- External audit, assurance and verification providers.
- Extensive carbon management experience.
- Robust knowledge of carbon management systems and standards.
- Strong project development capabilities for complex, large-scale projects.
- Knowledge of innovative carbon reduction technologies.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 software suite.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Ability to work smart and in a targeted way.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communications and influencing skills, and an ability to develop and maintain partnerships with project teams, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Thorough understanding of the built environment.
- Relevant engineering or related technical degree and past experience in carbon management.
- Strong understanding of carbon accounting and governance processes.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable but not essential.
- Full drivers license.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or call 353 87 090 3616 between 9 am – 6 pm and speak to David about the opportunity or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.