Job Title: Carbon Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: 35-50k plus Level 1 electric vehicle/6k car allowance
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Carbon Engineer to join our client, a leading Tier One contractor company in Ireland.
As a Carbon Engineer, you will drive a key part of the sustainability strategy for an industry leader in the construction sector across Ireland, the UK and Europe. This exciting opportunity will appeal to an enthusiastic expert in the field of carbon engineering and management.
You will be a key contributor tothe wider HSSQ team that are working to meet the sustainability targets outlined in the companies roadmap. You will continuously embrace innovative ways of building excellence that deliver powerful results for all stakeholders.
- Promote the companies sustainability strategy and wider business core priorities, acting as a torchbearer, educating and helping others play their part in achieving our objectives.
- Collaborate with the wider sustainability team to manage and reduce the carbon footprint of the business.
- Understand, communicate and be an advocate for our future strategic direction.
- Help the business make informed decisions through the provision of robust carbon data and effective interpretation.
- Support work winning activities, advising on carbon related matters.
- Support client carbon reduction strategies.
- Support the delivery of training, briefings and workshops as required.
- Be a trusted advisor to project teams.
- Assist in the development of client Life Cycle Carbon Assessments through multifunctional collaboration.
- Identification, development and implementation of carbon reduction opportunities.
- Assist in the development of carbon management procedures and their integration them into the relevant management systems.
- Assist in monitoring and targeting of our carbon emissions.
- Assist with the implementation of carbon management and verification strategies for internal and external compliance.
- Ensure continuous performance through regular reporting and reviews.
- Attend sites on an ad-hoc basis to review carbon management practices and support project teams on carbon performance.
- Introduce innovative practices and grow a team of carbon specialists as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive carbon management experience.
- Robust knowledge of carbon management systems and standards.
- Strong project development capabilities for complex, large-scale projects.
- Knowledge of innovative carbon reduction technologies.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 software suite.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Ability to work smart and in a targeted way.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communications skills, and an ability to develop and maintain partnerships with project teams, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Thorough understanding of the built environment.
- Relevant engineering or related technical degree and past experience in carbon management.
- Strong understanding of carbon accounting and governance processes.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable but not essential.
If interested in our role, please apply below or call 0862107555 between 9am – 5pm and speak to Michael re the opportunity.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.